Sunday, November 06, 2005

Crafters Bio: Gilly's Jewels


Handcrafted beaded and metal jewelry by Gillian Quase.
Gillian enjoys the challenge of making a wide range of jewelry, suiting to many different tastes. She strives to push the color envelope with unique color combinations, but still keeping an eye out for more traditional arrangements. Gillian also re-furbishes older jewelry in order to give it a new and more updated look. Handmade silver pieces are slowly working their way into Gillian's beaded entourage, she finds the partnership of metal and color to be very appealing and allows for many possibilities in the designing of jewelry. Sparkling things have always been high on the list of wonderful things in life for Gillian, and she is more than happy to share that love of crow material with anyone who needs a little sparkle around their neck.



1 comment:

shelley said...

Hi Gillian,

I am currently the Community Outreach Facilitator with CEED, Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development and I met you during one of your shows. We had a booth there alongside you promoting our programs and services. I am in the process of booking artists for sessions with about 10 youth. The artist will have 2 hours to teach the youth how to create a product(in your case, it would be jewelry making). I am not sure where this will take place, but I do know it will be in the HRM area and will be on a weekday evening. I am giving a $50.00 honorarium to the teachers for their time. I will provide all necessary supplies, but will need the selected teacher to help me purchase these supplies. I am just wondering if this would be something you would be interested in. If you have nay questions/concerns, please feel free to contact me through email or by calling 209-4504. Thanks in advance.

Shelley